J-Flex is continually looking for ways to reduce our impact on the environment and reduce our carbon footprint. We review this at our quarterly strategic review meetings to assess, measure, and identify where further improvement opportunities lie.
- Reducing the physical number of printers on-site and encouraging the use of scanning and/or e-mailing documents – such as; quotations, order acknowledgments, specifications, invoices, and statements – to minimise ink and paper usage. All printer consumables, paper and packaging are recycled where possible through schemes run by Xerox and Shred-It.
- Computers, printers, and other electronic devices are switched off, or put in “standby” mode, when not in use, and we continue to replace incandescent lighting for more efficient LED solutions.
- Since the global coronavirus pandemic in 2020, face-to-face appointments have been largely replaced by phone or video calls, allowing us to conduct meetings without the need to travel, whether that’s domestically or overseas.
- All pallets and packaging that passes through our warehouses are re-used in the first instance or recycled when this isn’t possible.
- We continue to review our supply chain(s) in an effort to keep them as local as possible, and we consolidate both domestic and international shipments to ultimately keep costs under control and reduce the impact on the environment.